The Cayenne pepper is a type of Capsicum annuum. It is usually a moderately hot chili pepper used to flavor dishes. Cayenne peppers are a group of tapering, 10 to 25 cm long, generally skinny, mostly red colored peppers, often with a curved tip and somewhat rippled skin, which hang from the bush as opposed to growing upright. Most varieties are generally rated at 30,000 to 50,000 Scoville units.[
- Anti-fungal: (antifungal)
- Antimicrobial: (anti-microbial)
- Blood Health: Helps keep blood moving.
- Immunostimulant: (Immune System Stimulant)
- Metabolic Stimulant: (stimulates metabolism)
- Rubefacient: produces redness of the skin when topically applied. May cause dilation of the capillaries and an increase in blood circulation.
- Diaphoretic: stimulates the body's desire to increase internal temperature.
- may cause increased perspiration.
- Expectorant: promotes the secretion of sputum by the air passages.
- aids in the clearance of mucus from the airways, lungs, bronchi, and trachea.
- Styptic: capable of stopping bleeding when applied to a wound.
Disease / Symptom Treatment
- Digestive Problems:
- Fungal Infections:
- Heart Disease:
- Low Libido:
- Menstrual Cramps:
- Poor Circulation:
- Sore Throat:
- Type 2 Diabetes:
- Insulin Resistance:
- Weight Loss: